Essential oils have many uses — I use mine for spiritual work, yoga, and meditation. I use oils when I need some aromatherapy to calm me the F down (goodbye, anxiousness!). Being an extremely physically active twenty-something, I also use oils for the benefits of body relaxation, muscle soreness relief, and tension release.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to use Young Living products to complement my active lifestyle:
basics site de rencontre pour adolescent gratuit see this site tchat rencontre 66 why not look here rencontres femmes portugaises go http://www.kctyfm.org/florinee/5856 sites de rencontres sаТЉrieuses pour sаТЉniors view PanAway
PanAway® essential oil is a popular oil blend made of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint essential oils. It has an incredibly refreshing + invigorating aroma with the perfect cooling sensation when applied topically. PanAway® is so popular that it is one of the oils included in the Premium Starter Kit (because, seriously, everyone needs this oil)!
How to use it:
- Apply topically mixed with a carrier oil and massage into tired, sore muscles after your workout
- Apply a roller top to your bottle and apply neat directly onto the muscle
- Mix 8-10 drops with 1 cup of Epsom salt to create your own workout-relief epsom salt bath
Deep Relief Roll-On
Young Living Deep Relief™ Roll-On is a blend of Peppermint, Wintergreen, Dorado Azul, and Helichrysum and comes in a roll-on bottle making it super convenient for your on-the-go, fast-paced lifestyle. (I know, y’all have seen me post about this all over Instagram already — but I wouldn’t spam your feed with it if I wasn’t literally obsessed with the product!) I have two of these bad boys — one for my handbag and one for my gym bag!
The Peppermint and Wintergreen give you a cooling sensation, with a “wake-me-up” scent that will energize you.
How to use it:
- Apply to muscles before a workout
- Roll on to muscles and massage after a workout
- Use on temples/back of your neck when you’re experiencing tension headaches
Peppermint is an OG oil (not original gangster, but Original Gotta-Have) that is also in the Premium Starter Kit. It is a very distinct scent. Refreshing + energizing. This oil will wake you up + keep you focused. When used topically, you’ll have a nice cooling sensation on the skin. Peppermint by itself is a major player — that’s why it’s a key ingredient in both PanAway® and the Deep Relief™ Roll-On essential oil blends.
How to use it:
- Apply to temples + underneath nostrils for focus before a workout
- Mix with a carrier oil + massage into skin
- Mix 8-10 drops with 1 cup of Epsom salt to create your own super-cooling epsom salt bath (FYI: I have done baths with Peppermint — even in warm water, it’s VERY cooling on the muscles. If you were expecting a hot bath, be prepared for the extreme cool feeling.)
- Diffuse with Lavender to wind down after a heart-pumping workout
- Diffuse with Eucalyptus for Pranayama (yogic breath work) before a workout or during meditation
Lavender Calming Bath Bombs
Lavender is the Queen of Calming Oils. If you aren’t up for mixing your own Epsom salt bath creations and prefer a convenient pre-made bath option — this bath bomb is for you! It’s the perfect way to unwind after an active day (or any day, let’s be honest here)! Young Living bath bombs are all-natural (just like their oils!) and are made without colorants, synthetic preservatives, parabens, or animal-derived ingredients. Bonus — the bombs are vegan! Ingredients include Lavender, Sweet Almond oil and Coconut oil — which soft, smooth skin is a side effect of these calming bath bombs.
How to use it:
- Fill up the bathtub, put on your favorite ambient tunes, unwrap and drop in your bath! (Super easy + super hard to resist!)
- You can also mix a few drops of PanAway or Peppermint into your bath with your bomb
These days it’s easy to neglect self-care. We get the workouts in, go to the fitness classes, do cardio… and then we forget how important it is for rest + recovery. Your training will be sub-optimal if you’re constantly sore + not recovering properly. Drink plenty of water, eat nourishing foods (and eat enough — don’t under eat!), get a good night’s sleep, and add in an oil self-care regimen (+ let me know what you think once you do)!
Happy oiling, babes!
P.s. If you’re looking for more yoga-focused uses for essential oils, you can read my Essentail Oils + Yoga post here.