One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to just wake up slow. To me, that means laying in bed and snuggling up with my blankets until I’m ready for breakfast. When that “ready for food” feeling hits, I’ll make my way to the kitchen and whip up some pancakes. And then, of course, I’ll crawl back into bed with them… you know, have myself some breakfast-in-bed action!
Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods because there are a variety of ways to prepare them and so many different flavors to make. Being in competition prep, I’ll make protein pancakes — just meaning that I’ll add protein powder to the mix, instead of utilizing pancakes as solely a source of carbohydrates. This allows me to kill two birds with one stone and get in a good amount of protein and carbs first thing in the morning.
Currently, I’m on a ProSupps PS Isolate Peanut Butter Cookie kick. This protein flavor is delicious, so it absolutely makes sense to throw it into my pancakes.
Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Pancakes:
Ingredients (yields 1 serving of 2 small pancakes):
• 1 egg
• 40g Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Honey Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix
• 20g ProSupps Peanut Butter Cookie PS Isolate
• .5C unsweetened cashew milk
• 2g baking powder (approx. 1 TSP)
• Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend (or mix it in your Ninja Bullet like I do) until you have the desired consistency. Feel free to add more or less cashew milk to adjust the thickness of your pancake batter.
• Cook on a griddle like a pancake.
• That’s it. Easy, right?
MACROS: 29P | 28C | 8F
• 16g creamy peanut butter
• 150g frozen strawberries (heated in the microwave for 2 minutes to create a fruit compote)
TOTAL MACROS WITH TOPPINGS: 32P | 45C | 15F
If you give this recipe a try, let me know in the comments below! Would love to hear what you think!
Don’t forget y’all, if you’re buying ANY ProSupps product (like PS Isolate for the recipe above), using code LETA10 at checkout will get you 10% off your entire order along with FREE shipping.